|UNDERCOVER TONNEAU and "BOX BUDDY" Features and Benefits |
THE # 1 Reason consumers do not put tonneau covers on their trucks:
With all other hard covers out there, you cannot haul larger items!
What does this mean? This simply means that with other hard covers, your truck cannot be used as a truck!! (So why have one?). Customers consider a fiberglass tonneau to be a permanent installation (As they should. The weight and the difficulty in removing and storing a traditional fiberglass cover makes it a PERMANENT installation!)
With the UNDERCOVER Tonneau Cover, you get: (Just Click on each Topic Below for more detail.)
Easy On - Easy Off Award Winning DesignEasy Installation Factory Installed LookStrong, Lightweight & DurableWeather - TightSecure Cargo Area/LockableAdvantages of a Removable Cover not Being PaintedEasily Stored/Hang it up and it's out of Your Way!Fit, Style, And DurabilityBOX BUDDY works with most Over- the- Rail ToolBoxes!
Easy On - Easy Off
UNDERCOVER is the fastest and easiest cover to remove! Off in 2 minutes and back on your truck in 2 minutes! The "Quick Release" hardware and lightweight material allow for easy removal and storage in seconds. Wall mount hardware is included with every cover that allows you to hang your cover up on the wall when you remove it from your truck. This keeps your garage clutter free! With UNDERCOVER you get:
- Half the weight: UNDERCOVER weighs less than half of most fiberglass lids on the market today! The cover weighs approx. 58 lbs!
- Quick Removal Convenience: Because the UNDERCOVER has uncomplicated, easy to install and understand hardware, it can be removed or re-installed in seconds!
- Ability to Remove It Yourself. Ideal for anyone who needs to remove the unit on a regular basis and would rather not ask the neighbors for help!
- Fact: THE # 1 Reason consumers do not put covers on their truck beds is because with all other hard tonneau covers out there, you cannot haul larger items! With other covers, your truck cannot be used as a truck! Customers consider a fiberglass tonneau to be a permanent installation, as they should. Because of the weight and the difficulty in uninstalling, removing and storing the cover!
Back to Top
Award Winning Design
UNDERCOVER was recently presented the prestigious "Award for Outstanding Engineering Achievement" at the National Truck Cap Accessory Association National Convention recently held in Nashville, TN. Honored as "The Future of the Tonneau Cover Industry!
- Patented Design: In collaboration with GE Plastics, we utilize GELOY(tm), a proprietary plastic material created by GE. GELOY is very weather-able, does not fade, is very mar resistant and is VERY EXPENSIVE! GELOY is "co-extruded" with our advanced ABS plastic substrate material to create 20 mil thick layer on all surfaces exposed to the elements (which is 10 times the thicker than the factory paint on your truck). You can read more about GELOY directly at the GE Plastics website at http://www.geplastics.com/resins/materials/geloy.html
- Many manufacturers do not use GELOY in its exposed plastic products (like many plastic bedliners you see that warp and fade when exposed to the sun) because it is VERY expensive. We have put in a great deal of time and effort in developing a material combination that gives the UNDERCOVER the best of all worlds: Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability, scratch resistance, light weight properties, and weather-ability . Unparalleled features when compared to the weight and cost of fiberglass covers. Neither fiberglass nor soft covers meet UNDERCOVER's superior level of durability and functionality.
- Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacture(CAD/CAM): The technology used in the design and manufacturing process of your UNDERCOVER is the same technology used by all automobile manufacturers! All covers are CAD/CAM designed (Computer Aided Design/Manufacture). Each cover and each piece of hardware is automatically cut with computer guided precision ("CNC" cut) to ensure exact fit.
- Our New Concealed Clamp Installation: This is a very unique feature that is standard on all UNDERCOVER models. Our revolutionary concealed clamp system puts the majority of the clamp hardware behind the rail of your truck bed with virtually nothing protruding into your truck bed. This not only gives you more usable area under the cover, but by utilizing this hardware, you get the benefit of the low profile and tight custom looking fit.
- No Drilling/No Measuring: Let me repeat, Installation of this cover requires No Measuring and No Drilling! This means there is no way you can make a mistake installing the cover! Truck owners everywhere can achieve professional results. Initial installation takes about 10 minutes and requires one tool - A standard 1/2" wrench!
- Easy Open and Close: The cover itself is very light to handle, but to make it even easier, hydraulically activated struts are provided to make the cover very easy to open and close (similar to the trunk of your car!).
- Stay Open Design: The cover is designed to be easy to open and is designed to stay open when you need access to your truck bed.
Back to Top
- Easy Installation:About 10 Minutes! No Drilling/One Tool Installation, Anyone can install!
- No Drilling: Initial installation takes about 10 minutes and requires only one tool! Most hard cover installations require drilling or if they do offer a "drill-less" installation, it often costs well over $100.00 more. Not so with this cover!!!
- One Tool Installation: Installation requires only one standard 1/2" wrench!
- Anyone can install VERSACOVER! Why pay a professional installer hundreds of dollars when you can install this cover in minutes. Buy direct, get professional results and save yourself a bunch of money!
Back to Top
Factory Installed Look
- It Looks Factory Installed: UNDERCOVER is completely flat, and much more sleek in profile than more bulkier fiberglass covers. UNDERCOVER has a sleek profile that looks better than bulkier fiberglass covers.
- Matches Every Truck: The matte black color matches all trim like your plastic side rail covers, tailgate protectors, body side moldings, window trim, tires, etc. This cover is very similar in color to the traditional black vinyl cover so it looks good on every truck! When you see a painted fiberglass cover, you know it is aftermarket! Even the Cadillac Escalade, the Chevrolet Avalance and the Ford Explorer Sport Trac...their factory covers are not painted to match the truck. They are typically black or dark gray to match the trim pieces of the truck. This low profile cover looks just like that so IT LOOKS FACTORY!
Back to Top
Strong, Lightweight & Durable
- Strong, Lightweight & Durable: Unparalled Strength, Security and Durability at a fraction of the weight and cost of a fiberglass cover! The UNDERCOVER Tonneau Cover is the new standard in tonneau covers. Our patented design and advanced polymer construction give this tonneau cover unparalleled strength and durability at a fraction of the weight and cost of fiberglass. Neither fiberglass nor soft covers meet UNDERCOVER's superior level of durability and functionality.
- Lightweight (only 58lbs for Full Size Trucks!)- For trucks with slightly smaller beds (like the Ford F150 SuperCrew) the cover weighs only about 45 lbs.!
- Better Gas Mileage: Because of LESS weight than traditional fiberglass covers. But also, with the cover you have much less wind resistance while traveling. It is not uncommon for owners to see a 10% difference (1-2 mpg difference in their fuel consumption.
Back to Top
Weather - Tight
- Multi-point/Continuous Couble Gasket System: Multi-Point Seal Makes it virtually impervious to the elements! This system is pre-installed onto every cover to match specifically to the side rail contour of your truck. This design makes it virtually impervious to water! These gaskets are precisely installed onto the cover prior to shipping to ensure the best seal possible! NOTE: With the new "BOX BUDDY" - We cannot ensure water cannot get into your bed around your toolbox, but you can rest assured that water will never enter your truck where the "BOX BUDDY" seals to your truck directly! This provides all of you with toolboxes the best option available for your truck!
- Pre-Installed Gaskets: This means that you do not have to install any gaskets yourself! The unique UNDERCOVER design with a multi-point seal provides superior protection against all weather conditions. Each cover is custom designed to fit the exact specifications your truck. This cover is custom fitted for custom protection.
Back to Top
Secure Cargo Area/Lockable
With Dual Stainless Steel "TWIST-LOCK" DESIGN: The new "TWIST LOCK" Design means that you do not need the key to latch the cover to the bed. You only use your key when you want to securely lock your cover closed! In addition, due to the Over-the-Tailgate Design of the UNDERCOVER, this ensures that your truck bed will be secure even if you do not have a locking tailgate! This means that the UNDERCOVER provides the highest possible level of security.
- Dual Barrel Locks: Two "TWIST-LOCK" locks are installed on the rear corners of your truck. These all-weather locks that have sliding dust covers on each lock to keep and water away from the keyhole. This configuration is very popular in northern areas where they get a lot of ice. These locks keyed alike to quickly lock or unlock your cover.
- Keeps Items Secure: This tried and proven design is designed to keep your cargo secure and away from the most accomplished thieves.
- Locks Tailgate Shut: The VersaCover overlaps the outside rear of the tailgate, securing the tailgate shut when the cover is closed and locked. This makes the bed of your truck into a secure, easy to manage trunk!
Back to Top
Advantages of a Removable Cover not Being Painted
- It looks Factory Installed: When you see an installed fiberglass cover that is painted to match the truck's paint, you know for sure that this cover is an aftermarket product! A few vehicles are offered with covers that are made by the factory, like the Cadillac Escalade, the Chevrolet Avalance and the Ford Explorer Sport Trac. And guess what? - These factory covers are not painted to match the truck. They are typically matte black or dark gray to match the trim pieces of the truck. So now, the look of a factory installed cover is not a painted cover! Rather, it's a low profile, nicely fitting cover that matches the trim! This low profile cover looks just like that so IT LOOKS FACTORY. Our cover is completely flat and adds very little height to the side profile of your truck bed, and is much more sleek in profile than more bulkier fiberglass covers!
- UV Resistant Copolymer construction matches the trim on virtually all late model trucks and aftermarket accessories. This product is virtually unaffected by UV Rays and will not fade like many painted surfaces.
- Matches Every Truck: The matte black color matches all trim (very similar in color to a vinyl top).
- No Shipping Damage: Due to the super-tough mar resistant finish, shipping damage is virtually eliminated!
- Will Not Scratch: The same super-tough mar resistant finish is very resistant to scratches! You cannot say that about painted fiberglass covers!
- Excessive Handling: will not harm this cover! As it is not painted and it has the super-tough mar resistant finish, you shouldn't think twice about removing and re-installing the cover.
- Can be Easily Painted: VersaCover CAN be easily painted, as traditional automotive finishes will adhere very well to the surface of the cover. However, with all of the advantages above, and it's factory installed look, very few customers ever paint the cover!
Back to Top
Easily Stored/Hang it up and it's out of Your Way!
- Storage Hardware Provided: The unit comes with two hooks that easily mount to any wall (normally a garage or workshop). The cover has pre-drilled holes for the hooks so you can take it straight from the truck and hang it on your garage wall to keep your garage clutter free.
Back to Top
Fit, Style, And Durability
- Sleek, Styled Contoured Fit:UNDERCOVER is designed to EXACTLY match the specifications of your truck bed.
- Concealed Clamp Installation System: UNDERCOVER utilizes a 'Concealed Clamp Installation' which means that the majority of the clamp hardware is behind the side rail of your pickup! The only thing that protrudes into your truck bed is a low profile screw head!
- Powder Coated Hardware: All hardware that is Powder Coated to ensure that it is VERY rust resistant and will last for many years of use!
- Warranty: (3) years for workmanship, materials of composite structure and hardware. There is a one (1) year warranty on the hydraulic stuts/shocks.
Back to Top
BOX BUDDY works with most Over- the- Rail ToolBoxes!
The "BOX BUDDY" - Fits all "over-the-rail"* tool boxes that are between 19" and 21" wide as long as the Tool Box Latches are above the rail of the truck! Get the same quality with unparalleled versatility and durability!
Back to Top